Top 10 FAQs
- What is the Forge.mil Program?
- What is SoftwareForge?
- What is ProjectForge?
- Is there a Forge.mil site on SIPRNET?
- What is the difference between SoftwareForge and ProjectForge?
- What capabilities are available in the system?
- What are the guidelines for participating?
- How can I get access to Forge.mil (CAC users)?
- How can I get access to Forge.mil (ECA Certificate users)?
- I am unable to access SoftwareForge or ProjectForge, what troubleshooting steps can I take?
The Forge.mil Program
Forge.mil is a family of services provided to support the DoD's technology development community. The system enables the collaborative development and use of open source and DoD community source software. For programs and projects that require greater access control, the system supports private collaborative development. Both SoftwareForge and ProjectForge options are fee-for-service. These initial software development capabilities are growing to support the full system life-cycle and enable continuous collaboration among all stakeholders including Project Managers, developers, testers, certifiers, operators, and users.
Tools & Resources
- Forge.mil upgrades to TeamForge 7.2 to provide users with customer driven features and improvements
- How Forge.mil Changed the Way the DoD Develops Software
- Forge.mil Case Study
- Forge Capabilities Webinar
- DoD Enterprise Service Management Framework Forum
- Agile Software Collaboration & Delivery for the Federal Government